Winter Retreat is upon us! The theme is “Life of the Beloved.” The speaker, the leaders, the student leaders, Clement and I have been preparing and preparing. Now, all that is left to do is for Winter Retreat to run. We look forward to what God will do. God has been great in saving teenagers, calling teenagers to walk away from sin, healing past hurts, transforming and teaching our teens and adults to fall deeper in love with Jesus, etc. etc. This year, we expect no less from our awesome God. As we prepare to go, would you please remember us in your prayers for the next few days.
- For our leaders to be humble before God, depending on Him for wisdom, guidance, and words to speak as they lead small groups and do 1-on-1s.
- For the students who are not believers to believe in the Gospel – we are sinners in need of a Savior and God has given Himself for our salvation.
- For the students who are believers to come to a deeper understanding of their identity as beloved children of God – to live out of their identity, trusting in the Gospel even when they mess up.
- For the Holy Spirit to be at work in all of our hearts to heal, to transform, to save, to convict, to call us to His mission and to live for the cause of Christ and not the cause of ourselves and our own comforts.
- For safety as we travel and as we spend the next few days in very COLD weather!
We look forward to what God has in store for us. We have prepared as best as we can in terms of medical supplies, snacks, speakers, leaders, schedules, etc., but none of this matters unless God is at work. Please pray for us because we know that God hears the prayers of the righteous and we have been made righteous by Jesus Christ by grace through faith.