Parents, we all want our children to succeed in school. We do, too!! Some of the questions we, as a youth ministry, and these articles ask are these:
- What is the cost we are willing to pay for our students to go into the top schools and in the top programs?
- Are we willing to have our students leave the church and their faith for the sake of a 5.0 GPA, top schools, and top programs?
- Are we willing to risk anxiety/depression/suicide for academics?
- What are we teaching our students to put their life and their hope in – academia or God?
Parenting & School:
- If Pressure and Hovering Don’t Help Children Succeed, Why is it so Hard to Stop
- A Cure for Hyper-parenting
- Why Parents Need to Let Their Children Fail
- Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection
- Push, Don’t Crush the Students
- Parents & Academic Pressure (1-minute audio clip)
- Cross-Cultural Youth Ministry with Asian Students (podcast)